Monday, September 5, 2011

Anytime Can Become A Photo Shoot

As a veterinary student in my clinical (and final!) year, I'm often asked "How in the world do you have time to have a photography business? I barely have time to (insert necessary task : eat, sleep, shower, etc.)..."

And it's true - vet students are essentially indentured servants, at the will and [slight] mercy of the hospital and its patients... we are tired, sore, cranky, occasionally downtrodden and often bruised or scraped.  We are busy, overworked and not-at-all-paid... and just looking for some time for a beer and a hot meal, maybe even a full night's sleep!

But my answer is always this :

I take my camera everywhere. I've learned to work with it slung over my shoulder and banging against my hip.  It's a familiar weight in my hands and I'm comfortable with it. Which means, of course... that anything, any time, any fun happening or beautiful landscape or perfect curve - any time can become a photo shoot. Anything could be your next perfect portrait.

I spent the evening in Chatsworth, NJ with one of my very best friends, Stephany.  Here are a few shots that back up my promise that anything can be beautiful; any time can be a photo shoot....












I hope you enjoy these as much as I do. These abstract-type photos are what hang in my house - the shots that could be anyone's horse... no one's in particular.


- SMY

1 comment:

  1. So you’re a vet student. I’m just wondering because I have seen some of your blog posts and I thought your job is a photographer. I guess you’re into <a href="http://www.saltriverhorsemanship.com.au/horsemanship/>horsemanship</a> also because you took horses. By the way, you’re good at it – photographer. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete